Wednesday 27 March 2013

Fore!!

Every year we come to Gleneagles to stay in my parent's holiday home for a few days. It's always a strange one for me as I really can't be doing with posh folk, but over the years I've come to realise the snobs go somewhere else and instead the resort is full of footballers, builders and 'new money'. I can cope with that lot even though they are sometimes more badly behaved than the toffs.

I had hoped to go for some nice runs while we were up here, but the bloody snow is still falling so heavily and there's just no way I'm confident or capable enough to head into unknown hills when it's so bad. My options were treadmill, roads or golf course trail. I chose trail! The good thing about the snow is that the golfers are nowhere to be seen, so I had the 3 mile loop all to myself (apart from another runner who was going the opposite way). You have to run the gauntlet when the golf course is in use as you cross the fairway in several places, but today it was quiet and white and rather nice.

I only had an hour before dinner so I chose 1 lap, but I think tomorrow I may do a couple. I doubt the snow will have thawed enough to let me go anywhere more exciting, and right about now I'm happy with any trail miles especially ones which allow me to soak up such beautiful scenery. The run was just under 4 miles in total, nearly all off road.

We're off to Aviemore on Saturday so that should be even more of a challenge. Hopefully I shall rise to it, as I packed more running gear than anything else!






No comments:

Post a Comment