Tuesday 12 March 2013

Recovery jog

Won't get out tomorrow so I thought a very short recovery run would be a nice idea. In the end it was 3.2 miles at a very leisurely pace with the dog. We ran along the River Tyne towards Abbey Bridge and then up the road for a bit and back along the farm track that runs parallel to the A1. Out in the light, back in the dark. Very civilised :)

Wore my Vivobarefoot shoes since it was a short run. They still feel odd when I'm on tarmac and I feel like I'm running very strangely. On grass and trail they feel great and they are very grippy thanks to the rubber 'spikes' on the bottom. I love the wide toe box and they fit very snugly over the rest of my foot. They also look really nice which I know shouldn't matter, but I'm a girl so it does! I'm going to keep running in them on shorter distances but will stick with my Inov8 Roclites for longer runs. 

I also remembered to do some core work tonight when I got back. I've been really neglecting that side of things since I gave up boxing. I was pleasantly surprised that I could still comfortably hold the plank for over a minute, and managed 3 sets of 20 full sit ups (then got bored!) I also tried some push ups which didn't work out so well. I was up to about 20 full push ups when I was boxing twice a week, and today I struggled with 1! I did 10 modified and will try to build up again to a more respectable number. I love feeling strong so I'm going to start working on that side of my fitness again. Will get the barbell and kettlbell out into the garden again if  when the weather improves!


No comments:

Post a Comment