Tuesday 22 January 2013

Therapy run

I don't know about anyone else but for me there's nothing better than a run when you're feeling grumpy/fragile/sad. I was feeling all of those emotions earlier today and could sense a rather miserable evening ahead. Luckily Ruby was going to swimming lessons with Granny so as soon as they waved goodbye I was upstairs and into my running gear and Nethy was harnessed up.

I knew the pavements were slushy (and therefore slippy) and it was really dark, which is not a great combination, but as soon as I hit the road I had a big grin on my face! A few miles would be all I needed, so we ran down to the river and across the Stevenson Bridge onto the pitch black trail which heads to Lennoxlove. There was still a lot of snow around, but it's melting fast. Still enough to throw snowballs at Nethy though!!

 By the time our 3.8 miles was done I felt happy, relaxed and strong. It's amazing how exercise can lift your mood, and for me running is the best form of exercise because it takes me into the great outdoors where I can clear my head and do what we were designed to do.



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRun

No comments:

Post a Comment