Thursday 31 January 2013

Same route different day

I forgot to update on Monday, but luckily my run this evening was on the same route so I can kill 2 birds with one blog stone...

Monday I did it during daylight, and tonight I ran it in the dark...Monday it was hell, tonight is was heaven! It's not really a surprise that Monday was tough, given my long run at the weekend but I can't help but feel I do run faster and stronger in the dark. I felt like I was flying! I was thinking how amazing it would be to be able to run at that pace for long periods, like those people who can do marathons in 3 hours. For me it would just mean being able to run further, I could start running everywhere instead of driving or cycling! Maybe I'll have to get all scientific and start timing myself! Controversial!

The route is one of my favourite short local runs as it's mostly on trail, it incorporates the river path and Lennoxlove and I don't really have to think about it, I just run. It does bug me not having the time to get out and explore new places, and I hate living somewhere where there are no forest trails to get lost in but it could be worse, I could still live in the centre of Edinburgh!!

One other thing I noticed was the difference wearing my Inov8 Roclites makes (compared to my Inov8 Terroc GTX which I've been wearing a lot recently because of the weather). My form feels so much better in the Roclites, and my feet can really feel the ground which makes such a difference. I'm really looking forward to drier weather so I can get out in my Vibram FFs and my Merrel trail gloves. I plan to do a post soon about my journey from constantly injured, pavement pounding, Asics wearing runner to where I am now. It's not a journey that everyone needs to make, some people can run on roads and wear regular running shoes quite happily, but maybe my story will help someone who happens to drop by who may be having the same problems I did.

For now, I'm feeling pretty tired and so I'll leave you with some pics from Monday (none from tonight as it was dark, cold and wet) and my route...






Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRun

No comments:

Post a Comment