Monday 18 February 2013

Running with the girls

What a glorious day! White frost covered everything this morning but the sky was a brilliant blue and the sun stayed out all day long! No way I was going to go on a night run in Dalkeith on a day like this, but Matt wasn't due home until 6pm so I had to take the girls with me!

Didn't take much to talk Ruby into jumping on her bike, but I couldn't persuade her that cycling shorts were probably not the best idea! I had 3/4 running tights on too, but I was fine as I build up a good heat from running.

We just did a little loop through Amisfield and then over Abbey bridge onto the track that runs parallel to the A1. Running back into the sunshine was glorious. The countryside looked splendid and I could have run for miles. Ruby was happy enough, but feeling cold so we stuck to the loop and I didn't push my luck by asking her to go further.

A great start to the week, and hopefully a glimpse of what's to come weather wise :)




Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRun

No comments:

Post a Comment