Tuesday 19 February 2013

Pea soup

Not much to say about today's run as I only had a spare hour so didn't go very far, and I could barely see a thing due to the thick wet fog that descended over Haddington at about 3.30pm.

Took the dog up to the shelter belts and ran up the hill only to bump into Ali Black, a local CaniXer who owns several huskies and a malamute (jealous!). He'd run from Dunbar (without aforementioned dogs) and was looking fresher than I was, even though I'd only gone a few miles at that stage!

Managed to run down the farm track without falling this time. I did note how nice it is that the trails are drying up. I think we've gone about 7 days without rain *shh don't mention it*! Couldn't see very far infront of me at this point and was nervous of running on a short stretch of road that leads South towards the river, so we opted for the same track as we'd run on yesterday. Better that than being squashed by a car I guess.

Got home in time to make dinner for daughter and mother in law.

In additional new my lovely Husband bought me a Garmin Forerunner 210 for my forthcoming birthday. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, other than have a more accurate record of where I've been. I believe it does all sorts of fancy things like tell you what speed you're going (probably be stuck on slow in my case) and you can even tell what your cadence is if you put a foot pod on your shoe. There's also the heart rate monitor, which will be handy if I do decide to try metabolic training. It looks good though and I'm sure it will be fun looking at all the data I gather while I'm out.








Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRun

No comments:

Post a Comment